Two of my blessings

Two of my blessings

Friday, February 3, 2012

Hula Hoops, Photo Contests, Blogging, and Boobies, Oh My!

I haven't done a real good job of keeping up with this silly thing. Been so busy lately with little ones. Perhaps the busiest I have ever been in my life. I started teaching myself to hula hoop last week. It's so much fun and I can't wait to get better at it. Unfortunately it's something that takes up a lot of time to get better at. I've mastered keeping it up, when the kids and the household allow it I can work on learning to do tricks with it. I hear it's a great weight loss tool as well. I hope I can start seeing some results soon as I have become extremely unhappy with my weight. but that topic is or another time, trying to keep this positive.
                   I started entering my photos into photo contests. I never did this before because of how negative I felt about my photos. I have this mindset that I'm not good enough or my photos aren't good enough to ever win something. But I'll never know until I try. I just want to keep improving my skills. A lot of people tell me they're amazing, but I think they could be better. I'm constantly looking at other people's work and comparing them, and think yeah mine stink.  I'm getting off the positivity topic again. I'll let ya know how it goes when the contest is over.
         My little Silas baby is going on 2 months old. in just 3 days to be exact and I've been breastfeeding him since day one. This is something I've very proud of myself for seeing as how I tried and failed with my other two children. The other two didn't make it past 2 weeks and I always hated myself for that. I'm being praised by everyone on what a good job I'm doing with it. It was so hard in the beginning and I had such a rough start and wanted to give up so many times, but I didn't, I stuck with it, and now it's something that I can't even see myself quitting, even when he turns one which was my ultimate goal. Breastfeeding has made me feel like I've improved and grown as a person. the old me would start something and the second it got to be too much, I'd give up. I didn't give up no matter how bad I wanted to. Like with the hooping, the old me would have probably given that up by now, but I haven't. I have this new found determination in me that wasn't there before. Now if only I could apply this to losing weight. That's the next challenge I wanna give mysel I suppose.
        I've got to be closing this for now. I'll try to keep up with this more as blogging is another thing on my list of things I want to keep doing. for now, peace out.


            

No comments:

Post a Comment